I’ve decided to start blogging again. It’s been a while since my big tour, but I’m always going on adventures. Also, it just so happens that I started a brand new adventure in New Hampshire, so it seems like a perfect time to start posting to the blog again. Here’s what you have to look forward to:
- I’ll still post about riding bikes. However, instead of posting only about touring, I’ll post about riding all kinds of bikes. I’ll post about touring (when I actually have time to tour!), riding mountain bikes and the new trail systems that I discover, racing with the University of New Hampshire cycling team, local cycling adventures that exploit the excelling dining and bar scene along the sea coast, and more.
- I’ll post about other outdoor adventures like skiing, surfing (yes, there’s surfing here! brrr), backpacking, bamping*, and glamping**. And hopefully ice fishing. I’ve always wanted to do that.
- SCIENCE! I’ll post about the research that I’m conducting and a little bit about the progress of my PhD program. (More to come on all that – after all this is the reason I’m in New Hampshire.)
- I’ll post about the dining and bar scene in the region. While it would be awesome to ride bikes to all the restaurants that I go to, we all know that’s not actually going to happen. Plus, sometimes I like to be a girly girl and dress up real nice to go eat a nice meal; in which case, it’s not usually ideal to hop on a bicycle. That being said, I’m actually really good at riding bikes in heels, arguably better at riding in heels than actually walking in heels.
- Lastly, I’ll post about “Miscellaneous Things” like cooking, crafting, and other domestic-y projects, though probably not as frequently as the other topics mentioned.
I’ll try to post at least once a month. Of course it will all depend on how busy I am, but at the very least I’ll make a point to post once a month.
Hopefully the revival of my blog will help me stay connected (or reconnect) with my family and friends both back home and scattered about the world.
I’m looking forward to sharing my adventures with you!